Flex Engine Update 5

It has been a while since the last update (almost nine months!), and a lot has changed in that time! I finished adding support for image-based lighting and reflection probes, then after a short break I came back to the project and decided to shift my goal with it from being to create a tool… Continue reading Flex Engine Update 5



I'm the kind of person who finds it difficult to really relax. I think most people can easily enough, when on holiday, sit in a lawn chair on the beach sipping a cold alcoholic beverage, and forget about the real world - at least for a while. I tend to be incapable of such a feat.… Continue reading Relaxing

Flex Engine Update 4

Since the last post, I've decided on a name for this project - Flex Engine! I basically decided on it because it sounded neat, it's short, and it's easy to remember. However, as other people have pointed out it's actually quite fitting to the project itself since both OpenGL and Vulkan are supported the engine… Continue reading Flex Engine Update 4

Rendering Engine Update 3

I've been busy continuing work on my rendering engine when I've had time this summer, and added a few nice features. Around the start of the summer I stopped development of the Direct3D renderer, for a number of reasons. Mainly, having to write all graphics code not once, not twice, but thrice really slows down development.… Continue reading Rendering Engine Update 3

Rendering Engine Update 2 – OpenGL + Vulkan Feature Parity

I finally managed to coerce Vulkan to render multiple objects simultaneously! I've been super busy over the past few weeks working on other assignments, but I decided to devote the entirety of today to finishing up this feature. As odd as it may sound, rendering more than one object in Vulkan at the same time… Continue reading Rendering Engine Update 2 – OpenGL + Vulkan Feature Parity

Rubik’s Cube Simulator

Last semester I got my first experience with 3D programming - something I had wanted to learn how to do for quite a while. One of our first assignments was to  get a handful of primitives moving around on screen (first screenshot). I was motivated enough to continue expanding the project, and added 9 smaller… Continue reading Rubik’s Cube Simulator

Rendering Engine Update 1 – Project Creation

This semester for our Programming 4 class, we have two semester-long assignments. One is to create a classic DOS-inspired text adventure game, and the other is to create a small, high quality tech demo. I may post about the text adventure project at some point, but at the moment I'm much more interested in the… Continue reading Rendering Engine Update 1 – Project Creation